Maybe the Beatles were right that love is all we need. A simple message of love from one Israeli to Iranians has kicked off an interesting end-run of people over governments.
As another companion to Ian Mackenzie's short film on Charles Eisenstein's Sacred Economy, I offer up some clips based on Simon Mainwaring's book We First.
Did the January 18 Wikipedia blackout protests kill SOPA alone? Or is there something else going on here?
Are our online lives connecting us in new and incredible ways or plugging us into a matrix of unimagineable control?
How are cellphones, Twitter and Facebook changing history? Watch this TED talk by author Clay Shirky and find out.
I've long wondered how the people who live to spout shit and stir up blockheaded arguments in the comments sections of social media find the time to do what they do, much less the energy. Here's an answer to explain at least some of them: it's their job.
- Agreed Mary and thanks for opening the space to clarify that one point. Of course this entire endeavour was filled… Written by Juma Wood Sayonara Muthafuckas: 8 Perspectives on the End of Beams & Struts
- Chela, your willingness to look unflinchingly inside, and then articulate that reality in the world, inspires and amazes me. I… Written by Karen Kristjanson I Heart Beams and Struts: A Eulogy
- Just wanted to say: Writing actually is a verb! And as Ishmael Reed said "Writin is Fightin." A good kind… Written by Mary W. Sayonara Muthafuckas: 8 Perspectives on the End of Beams & Struts
- Well that was honest! Great to read these various un-cloaked perspectives. It feels refreshing to see a take on an… Written by Sarah Olson Sayonara Muthafuckas: 8 Perspectives on the End of Beams & Struts
- Well, I'm sorry that Beams is wrapping up, but excited for all of you. You've done something amazing here, make… Written by Paul Duke Sayonara Muthafuckas: 8 Perspectives on the End of Beams & Struts
- Leah, I'm with you here- "Sometimes it takes a healthy dose of debate to decide what we need to do.… Written by Trevor Malkinson Sayonara Muthafuckas: 8 Perspectives on the End of Beams & Struts
- It has been enlightening to follow along on your coattails, watching the ride from the sidelines. Everything you said is… Written by Leah Adams Sayonara Muthafuckas: 8 Perspectives on the End of Beams & Struts
- This is beautiful Chela, it brought me to tears. Thank you for all your wonderful writing on Beams and Struts! Written by Chloe Dierkes I Heart Beams and Struts: A Eulogy
Last 10 tweets from beamsandstruts:
People talking about '@beamsandstruts':