Our culture trumpets certain personality traits and discourages others. But are those standards absolute or relative? How would our society look if we accepted the rightness of there being essential differences between our various points of view? At the same time, it would bond us to know how strongly similar so many of us are.
Enneagram Fours are feeling based, sad, different, determined to forge a unique and authentic personal identity.
Barbara Ehrenreich's book Brightsided analyzes America's obsession with success and positivity. This coincides with the Enneagram personality system's type Three: the Achiever. So what happens when one type's values dominate a culture?
Which type is Jeff Bridges? Which type is his character in Tron? My guess for both: Seven, the Enthusiast.
Take a great big drink of righteousness with two songs that bring to life the Enneagram personality system's type One: the Reformer.
What function do they serve? Sandra Maitri offers answers in her book The Spiritual Dimension of the Enneagram.
Sixes question authority, look for guidance, play in established musical styles and defend the underdog.
- Chela, your willingness to look unflinchingly inside, and then articulate that reality in the world, inspires and amazes me. I… Written by Karen Kristjanson I Heart Beams and Struts: A Eulogy
- This is beautiful Chela, it brought me to tears. Thank you for all your wonderful writing on Beams and Struts! Written by Chloe Dierkes I Heart Beams and Struts: A Eulogy
- Sorry if the below link is a duplicate, I just found it again. It is old-school Spiral Dynamics-Integral stuff. similar… Written by Eric Pierce Eight Perspectives On Integral Trans-Partisan Politics
- T. Collins, Many thanks for taking the time to read and choose to incorporate elements gleaned from Odum. One cannot… Written by David MacLeod Eight Perspectives On Integral Trans-Partisan Politics
- Alright my post on networks and decentralization is now finally up over in the Journal section. It's a bit of… Written by Trevor Malkinson Eight Perspectives On Integral Trans-Partisan Politics
- re: Wilber seeks to redeem spirituality and all of the unspoken, deep ritual meanings associated with it. Which of course… Written by Eric Pierce Eight Perspectives On Integral Trans-Partisan Politics
- Stewart Brand, founder of the Whole Earth Catalog, who in recent years has promoted "4 Environmental Heresies" and sits on… Written by Eric Pierce Eight Perspectives On Integral Trans-Partisan Politics
- Hopefuly people in the "Integral" state of awareness will continue following this most important UFO subject which gives all sorts… Written by Giorgio Piacenza UFOs: Tip of the Kosmic Iceberg