Enneagram Fours are feeling based, sad, different, determined to forge a unique and authentic personal identity.
A look at Chicago based musician Andrew Bird: violinist, guitarist, singer, whistler, loop pedal magician and subject of the new concert documentary Andrew Bird: Fever Year.
The Enneagram charts nine personality types in the human race, but it also has profound spiritual ramifications, as Sandra Maitri explores in her book on the subject.
Enneagram Personality Type Three is the Performer, the Achiever, the Catch, the Best. Exemplified in this case with Madonna and William Shatner.
The Enneagram's personality Type Two is the Helper, the Giver, the Special Friend. Here's what they look like in action. In the world of music.
Take a great big drink of righteousness with two songs that bring to life the Enneagram personality system's type One: the Reformer.
Barbara Ehrenreich's book Brightsided analyzes America's obsession with success and positivity. This coincides with the Enneagram personality system's type Three: the Achiever. So what happens when one type's values dominate a culture?
Our culture trumpets certain personality traits and discourages others. But are those standards absolute or relative? How would our society look if we accepted the rightness of there being essential differences between our various points of view? At the same time, it would bond us to know how strongly similar so many of us are.
Which type is Jeff Bridges? Which type is his character in Tron? My guess for both: Seven, the Enthusiast.
- Agreed Mary and thanks for opening the space to clarify that one point. Of course this entire endeavour was filled… Written by Juma Wood Sayonara Muthafuckas: 8 Perspectives on the End of Beams & Struts
- Chela, your willingness to look unflinchingly inside, and then articulate that reality in the world, inspires and amazes me. I… Written by Karen Kristjanson I Heart Beams and Struts: A Eulogy
- Just wanted to say: Writing actually is a verb! And as Ishmael Reed said "Writin is Fightin." A good kind… Written by Mary W. Sayonara Muthafuckas: 8 Perspectives on the End of Beams & Struts
- Well that was honest! Great to read these various un-cloaked perspectives. It feels refreshing to see a take on an… Written by Sarah Olson Sayonara Muthafuckas: 8 Perspectives on the End of Beams & Struts
- Well, I'm sorry that Beams is wrapping up, but excited for all of you. You've done something amazing here, make… Written by Paul Duke Sayonara Muthafuckas: 8 Perspectives on the End of Beams & Struts
- Leah, I'm with you here- "Sometimes it takes a healthy dose of debate to decide what we need to do.… Written by Trevor Malkinson Sayonara Muthafuckas: 8 Perspectives on the End of Beams & Struts
- It has been enlightening to follow along on your coattails, watching the ride from the sidelines. Everything you said is… Written by Leah Adams Sayonara Muthafuckas: 8 Perspectives on the End of Beams & Struts
- This is beautiful Chela, it brought me to tears. Thank you for all your wonderful writing on Beams and Struts! Written by Chloe Dierkes I Heart Beams and Struts: A Eulogy
Last 10 tweets from beamsandstruts:
People talking about '@beamsandstruts':