Steve Dawson is an award winning musician and producer. His totems include Ry Cooder, The Band, Daniel Lanois, Leo Kottke and Bill Frisell.
Singer/songwriter and Beams and Struts contributor Corin Raymond talks about Tom Waits, Sam Cooke, the Rolling Stones, Howlin' Wolf and The Band.
Gabor Mate is a doctor and best-selling author. His totems are Gautama Buddha, Yeshua (aka Jesus), Karl Marx, Albert Einstein and Sigmund Freud. Beethoven's in there too.
C.R. Avery is a musician, spoken word artist, beat boxer, poet and much else. His Mt. Rushmore includes Tennessee Williams, Patti Smith, Sam Shepard, the blues and hip hop.
If you had a personal Mt. Rushmore, who or what would be on it? Why those things? And do those things say about you?
Lindsay Roberston is a Vancouver based singer/songwriting, originally from Guelph Ontario. Her totems are Bob Marley, Tom Waits, Bob Dylan, Martin Tielli and Bessie Smith.
Mark Meer is an Edmonton based actor, writer and improvisor. His totems are Jim Henson, John Cleese, Alan Moore, Doctor Doom, and Tom Waits.
Ivan E Coyote is a spoken word artist, novelist, storyteller and columnist. Her totems include Bill Cosby, writers Barbara Gowdy, Sherman Alexie and Tom Spanbauer, musicians Veda Hille, Laurie Anderson and Rufus Wainwright.
Gretta Vosper is a progressive United Church pastor, who believes the way we live is more important than what we believe. She believes this so much she wrote a book about it.
Kahlil Ashanti is a writer and performer. In this interview he talks about who would be on his Mt. Rushmore: Richard Pryor, Don Knotts, Eminem, and various formative experiences and friendships.
- Agreed Mary and thanks for opening the space to clarify that one point. Of course this entire endeavour was filled… Written by Juma Wood Sayonara Muthafuckas: 8 Perspectives on the End of Beams & Struts
- Chela, your willingness to look unflinchingly inside, and then articulate that reality in the world, inspires and amazes me. I… Written by Karen Kristjanson I Heart Beams and Struts: A Eulogy
- Just wanted to say: Writing actually is a verb! And as Ishmael Reed said "Writin is Fightin." A good kind… Written by Mary W. Sayonara Muthafuckas: 8 Perspectives on the End of Beams & Struts
- Well that was honest! Great to read these various un-cloaked perspectives. It feels refreshing to see a take on an… Written by Sarah Olson Sayonara Muthafuckas: 8 Perspectives on the End of Beams & Struts
- Well, I'm sorry that Beams is wrapping up, but excited for all of you. You've done something amazing here, make… Written by Paul Duke Sayonara Muthafuckas: 8 Perspectives on the End of Beams & Struts
- Leah, I'm with you here- "Sometimes it takes a healthy dose of debate to decide what we need to do.… Written by Trevor Malkinson Sayonara Muthafuckas: 8 Perspectives on the End of Beams & Struts
- It has been enlightening to follow along on your coattails, watching the ride from the sidelines. Everything you said is… Written by Leah Adams Sayonara Muthafuckas: 8 Perspectives on the End of Beams & Struts
- This is beautiful Chela, it brought me to tears. Thank you for all your wonderful writing on Beams and Struts! Written by Chloe Dierkes I Heart Beams and Struts: A Eulogy
Last 10 tweets from beamsandstruts:
People talking about '@beamsandstruts':