I am a Certified Integral Coach™ living in Vancouver. My passion for human development is borderline obsessive. My calling is aptly expressed when working with others around their deepest ache and that which matters most. I am interested in community, in bringing people together to share in and support each other around both the ordinariness and profundity of life’s journey.
I am a mother of a gorgeous little boy for whom my most precious energy and best work is reserved. The rest of what I’ve got is up for grabs, come and get some at email@example.com. In terms of writing here at Beams and Struts, I’m most interested in exploring what it takes to consciously evolve individually and collectively and I revel in challenging our confounding culture. I really dig writing and love it here, being part of this family is an honour.
A closing piece about how kick-ass-awesome Beams is and how it changed me.
Many or our contributing writers gather to offer final words about our experiment in collective intelligence. An experiment that wouldn't have been without them.
For parents looking to expand and deepen the context in which they’re parenting...look no further.
A compilation article. Five different pieces touching on the topic of Mothering as a Spiritual practice from 5 mother's unique perspectives.
A dialogue on spanning the worlds of parenthood and career with Miriam Martineau.
Your playlist through the spiral of developing consciousness.
A dialogue with Miriam Martineau and Chela Davison.
Introducing Parenting Month! Throughout October, our magazine and blog will be dedicated to the topic of parenting.
A Review of Corin Raymond's Fringe Festival Show: Bookworm
Men fix things right? What do women do? A look at the unique offering of gathering women for someone in need...
Is how you're moving through space and time impacting your experience of it?
The title says it all.
Join us for a meditation on trust. Let us relax into that which is always holding us.
Are you a narcissist? Probably. An exploration of our self-focused culture.
What's your life's work? What's it going to take to really dig in and dish it out? Let's take a look...
In honour of Earth Day, I offer you a compilation. Here are wise words of great thinkers, mystics and poets, woven between poems of children and the wonder of the Earth seen through their eyes and art.
A fed up angry rant about our ongoing obsession with beauty and with re-defining beauty. I'm done. Let's go for ugly.
Me, Jesus and a whole lotta holy oil. A non-Christian's exploration of the transformative potentials at the heart of Christian teachings.
It takes a hell of a lot of courage to bring your full self forward. But that's what we really need from each other, especially now. How can you be more 'you'?
Our experiment in collective intelligence acts as a backbone for our collective growth creatively. Where else can we extend these practices...?
- Agreed Mary and thanks for opening the space to clarify that one point. Of course this entire endeavour was filled… Written by Juma Wood Sayonara Muthafuckas: 8 Perspectives on the End of Beams & Struts
- Chela, your willingness to look unflinchingly inside, and then articulate that reality in the world, inspires and amazes me. I… Written by Karen Kristjanson I Heart Beams and Struts: A Eulogy
- Just wanted to say: Writing actually is a verb! And as Ishmael Reed said "Writin is Fightin." A good kind… Written by Mary W. Sayonara Muthafuckas: 8 Perspectives on the End of Beams & Struts
- Well that was honest! Great to read these various un-cloaked perspectives. It feels refreshing to see a take on an… Written by Sarah Olson Sayonara Muthafuckas: 8 Perspectives on the End of Beams & Struts
- Well, I'm sorry that Beams is wrapping up, but excited for all of you. You've done something amazing here, make… Written by Paul Duke Sayonara Muthafuckas: 8 Perspectives on the End of Beams & Struts
- Leah, I'm with you here- "Sometimes it takes a healthy dose of debate to decide what we need to do.… Written by Trevor Malkinson Sayonara Muthafuckas: 8 Perspectives on the End of Beams & Struts
- It has been enlightening to follow along on your coattails, watching the ride from the sidelines. Everything you said is… Written by Leah Adams Sayonara Muthafuckas: 8 Perspectives on the End of Beams & Struts
- This is beautiful Chela, it brought me to tears. Thank you for all your wonderful writing on Beams and Struts! Written by Chloe Dierkes I Heart Beams and Struts: A Eulogy
Last 10 tweets from beamsandstruts:
People talking about '@beamsandstruts':