Living in the information age has most of us doing mental juggling routines as a matter of course. Are we more distracted and fragmented? Or is this good exercise for us?
Ubuntu is a free, open source operating system for your computer. It's an ethos. And a very large collaborative project. It also fosters community.
Beams and Struts launched one year ago. Here are a few reflections from one Beams contributor and editor on what a person learns from a year of doing these things.
The Harry Potter books. The Da Vinci Code. The Twilight series. The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo, and sequels. In the age of instant messages, Facebook, tweets, texting, how did these thick genre novels by unknown writers reach people on such an unprecedented scale?
I've long wondered how the people who live to spout shit and stir up blockheaded arguments in the comments sections of social media find the time to do what they do, much less the energy. Here's an answer to explain at least some of them: it's their job.
Living in the information age has most of us doing mental juggling routines as a matter of course. Can we handle it? Are we getting more distracted and fragmented? Or is this good exercise for us? Have we long had an underfed capacity for complexity that’s only now being regularly fertilized?
So much of what we take for granted in everyday life now would seem amazing, or incomprehensible a very short time ago.
At the Apple store you actually do see names of all ethnicities, as well as tattoos, lobe-expanding ear-rings and hats.
- Hello, I just want to say how much I have enjoyed Beams and Struts. It is quite erudite, what Al… Written by Linda Littrell The Last Beams and Struts Saturday Night Jukebox
- Thanks Ishita. These songs are stretching it, for sure. That might have been the point. If one of these artists… Written by TJ Dawe SNJ: What Do Women Think of These Seemingly Anti-Woman Songs (by Women)?
- A very well written article. And as for, "Are issues like sexual subjugation and domestic violence too touchy to be… Written by Ishita SNJ: What Do Women Think of These Seemingly Anti-Woman Songs (by Women)?
- Leslie - thanks so much for being there. Very glad the show reached you the way it did. Written by TJ Dawe Gabor Mate Answers Questions About Ayahuasca
- T. Collins - exactly. A near death experience isn't necessary for these realizations, but it'll probably accelerate it. But meditation,… Written by TJ Dawe The 10 Changes in People Who've Had Near Death Experiences
- Colette - thanks for these comments. Your observations about animals picking up our emotional energies is very consistent with some… Written by TJ Dawe Scientific Research into Telepathy
- Thanks you TJ for such an amazing life changing event, I've been paying it forward ever since :) Written by Leslie Hodson Gabor Mate Answers Questions About Ayahuasca
- Telepathy between humans is real and more prevalent than people recognize. I practice it professionally to help people, especially those… Written by Colette St.Clair Scientific Research into Telepathy
Last 10 tweets from beamsandstruts:
People talking about '@beamsandstruts':