Veggie burgers seem to come from two places: restaurants and supermarket freezers. But you can make them from whole ingredients, and it's easy. And goddam delicious.
This is a brief excerpt from Animal Vegetable Miracle: A Year of Food Life, by Barbara Kingsolver, Steven L Hopp and Camille Kingsolver.
This isn't a rhetorical proposition. Petri-dish meat exists now. It should be available in your local supermarket by next Wednesday. Well, maybe not. But they're working on it.
Many of us here are working to connect with our food and the Earth in a more Sacred and meaningful way. May we be in service seed by seed.
It's berry season. My girlfriend made crumble out of a batch of strawberries my parents picked from a local farm. Here's the recipe.
The growth of the post-industrial food movement continues at a rapid pace. Here are resources to further our understanding of this important transformation. (videos)
Mark Kurlansky writes books about how food has influenced human history. And other stuff. This is a brief appreciation of what he does, in point form.
- Tom, great to see this inquiry out in the world! Thank you for asking these questions of us all. Loved… Written by Kristina King Meta-Sangha, Infra-Sangha: Or, Who is this "We" Kimo Sabe?
- I love this conversation because I’m involved with the Integral Center in Boulder (formerly Boulder Integral). We have a mission… Written by Michael Porcelli Meta-Sangha, Infra-Sangha: Or, Who is this "We" Kimo Sabe?
- I like the infra-sangha Tom! (thanks for making a link to our article) With love, Ria Written by Ria Baeck Meta-Sangha, Infra-Sangha: Or, Who is this "We" Kimo Sabe?
- Great Job! Written by Bonnitta Roy Meta-Sangha, Infra-Sangha: Or, Who is this "We" Kimo Sabe?
- David thanks, that's a fantastic quote, really captures in pithy form many of points being made in the essay. Tim,… Written by Trevor Malkinson Rhizomatic for the People- Notes on Networks and Decentralization
- One more resource to add regarding Rhizome. A friend just turned me on to this, a short book posted online… Written by David MacLeod Rhizomatic for the People- Notes on Networks and Decentralization
- Thanks Tim, I should probably read that Smil book. We should also throw Dr. Charles Hall's name into the mix.… Written by David MacLeod Rhizomatic for the People- Notes on Networks and Decentralization
- Hi Trevor/David I'd have to add Vaclav Smil's 2005 book Energy at the Crossroads to the reading list. For mine… Written by Tim Winton Rhizomatic for the People- Notes on Networks and Decentralization
Last 10 tweets from beamsandstruts:
People talking about '@beamsandstruts':