Maybe the Beatles were right that love is all we need. A simple message of love from one Israeli to Iranians has kicked off an interesting end-run of people over governments.
As another companion to Ian Mackenzie's short film on Charles Eisenstein's Sacred Economy, I offer up some clips based on Simon Mainwaring's book We First.
Did the January 18 Wikipedia blackout protests kill SOPA alone? Or is there something else going on here?
Are our online lives connecting us in new and incredible ways or plugging us into a matrix of unimagineable control?
How are cellphones, Twitter and Facebook changing history? Watch this TED talk by author Clay Shirky and find out.
I've long wondered how the people who live to spout shit and stir up blockheaded arguments in the comments sections of social media find the time to do what they do, much less the energy. Here's an answer to explain at least some of them: it's their job.
- Tom, great to see this inquiry out in the world! Thank you for asking these questions of us all. Loved… Written by Kristina King Meta-Sangha, Infra-Sangha: Or, Who is this "We" Kimo Sabe?
- I love this conversation because I’m involved with the Integral Center in Boulder (formerly Boulder Integral). We have a mission… Written by Michael Porcelli Meta-Sangha, Infra-Sangha: Or, Who is this "We" Kimo Sabe?
- I like the infra-sangha Tom! (thanks for making a link to our article) With love, Ria Written by Ria Baeck Meta-Sangha, Infra-Sangha: Or, Who is this "We" Kimo Sabe?
- Great Job! Written by Bonnitta Roy Meta-Sangha, Infra-Sangha: Or, Who is this "We" Kimo Sabe?
- David thanks, that's a fantastic quote, really captures in pithy form many of points being made in the essay. Tim,… Written by Trevor Malkinson Rhizomatic for the People- Notes on Networks and Decentralization
- One more resource to add regarding Rhizome. A friend just turned me on to this, a short book posted online… Written by David MacLeod Rhizomatic for the People- Notes on Networks and Decentralization
- Thanks Tim, I should probably read that Smil book. We should also throw Dr. Charles Hall's name into the mix.… Written by David MacLeod Rhizomatic for the People- Notes on Networks and Decentralization
- Hi Trevor/David I'd have to add Vaclav Smil's 2005 book Energy at the Crossroads to the reading list. For mine… Written by Tim Winton Rhizomatic for the People- Notes on Networks and Decentralization
Last 10 tweets from beamsandstruts:
People talking about '@beamsandstruts':