TJ is a Vancouver based writer, performer and director of new theatre pieces. He's participated in ninety or so theatre and comedy festivals in Canada, the US, Australia and the UK. He has six published plays and a humour book. He's also interested in movies, literature, television, comic books, history, science, spirituality, tai chi, technology, food and the Enneagram. He generally juggles a dozen projects at a time. He thinks more people should read the books of Barbara Ehrenreich, Gabor Mate, David Mitchell, Dan Savage, Mark Kurlansky, Miriam Toews and Brian Michael Bendis.
Watching a terrible movie in solitude is excruciating. Watching it in a full theatre is a hoot. Why?
This is a brief excerpt from Animal Vegetable Miracle: A Year of Food Life, by Barbara Kingsolver, Steven L Hopp and Camille Kingsolver.
What will happen in any given year between now and the year 2101? I don't know. But many people who post on the internet do. Here are their answers.
This isn't a rhetorical proposition. Petri-dish meat exists now. It should be available in your local supermarket by next Wednesday. Well, maybe not. But they're working on it.
Enneagram Personality Type Three is the Performer, the Achiever, the Catch, the Best. Exemplified in this case with Madonna and William Shatner.
A 3D printer doesn't just spray ink dots on 3D objects, it makes 3D objects, to your specifications.
Living in the information age has most of us doing mental juggling routines as a matter of course. Are we more distracted and fragmented? Or is this good exercise for us?
This brief bit of dialogue from HBO's drama Big Love showcases the mythic/membership stage beliefs of its main characters.
Sales of e-books increase, sales of physical books decrease. How do comics adapt? Like this...
A brief excerpt from Ghostwritten, David Mitchell's debut novel. Describing the personalities of the various London Underground lines.
Why does the hero need to be pushed to the point of near defeat for the victory to mean so much?
Context isn't everything - but it's certainly something. For example, the stand-up comedy of Brian Regan...
Rodney Decroo is a singer/songwriter whose Mt. Rushmore would feature Bob Dylan, poet Philip Levine, and Mark Twain - specifically the novel Huckleberry Finn.
Ubuntu is a free, open source operating system for your computer. It's an ethos. And a very large collaborative project. It also fosters community.
This is a brief whooping up for Terence Malick's movie The Tree of Life. It left me smitten. Dazed. Wondrous.
Dr. Gabor Mate leads shamanic healing retreats twice a year, in which participants ingest the Peruvian plant medicine ayahuasca.
July 1st was Canada Day. Many people painted red maple leaves on their faces and sang O Canada: a dreadful, outdated, whiny piece of music.
The Enneagram's personality Type Two is the Helper, the Giver, the Special Friend. Here's what they look like in action. In the world of music.
It's berry season. My girlfriend made crumble out of a batch of strawberries my parents picked from a local farm. Here's the recipe.
Star Wars is about George Lucas. He used to be Luke Skywalker. Now he's Darth Vader.
- Tom, great to see this inquiry out in the world! Thank you for asking these questions of us all. Loved… Written by Kristina King Meta-Sangha, Infra-Sangha: Or, Who is this "We" Kimo Sabe?
- I love this conversation because I’m involved with the Integral Center in Boulder (formerly Boulder Integral). We have a mission… Written by Michael Porcelli Meta-Sangha, Infra-Sangha: Or, Who is this "We" Kimo Sabe?
- I like the infra-sangha Tom! (thanks for making a link to our article) With love, Ria Written by Ria Baeck Meta-Sangha, Infra-Sangha: Or, Who is this "We" Kimo Sabe?
- Great Job! Written by Bonnitta Roy Meta-Sangha, Infra-Sangha: Or, Who is this "We" Kimo Sabe?
- David thanks, that's a fantastic quote, really captures in pithy form many of points being made in the essay. Tim,… Written by Trevor Malkinson Rhizomatic for the People- Notes on Networks and Decentralization
- One more resource to add regarding Rhizome. A friend just turned me on to this, a short book posted online… Written by David MacLeod Rhizomatic for the People- Notes on Networks and Decentralization
- Thanks Tim, I should probably read that Smil book. We should also throw Dr. Charles Hall's name into the mix.… Written by David MacLeod Rhizomatic for the People- Notes on Networks and Decentralization
- Hi Trevor/David I'd have to add Vaclav Smil's 2005 book Energy at the Crossroads to the reading list. For mine… Written by Tim Winton Rhizomatic for the People- Notes on Networks and Decentralization
Last 10 tweets from beamsandstruts:
People talking about '@beamsandstruts':