I hold a Bachelor of Music degree from Western Washington University, and have performed with the Northern Lights Jazz Orchestra, Monkey Puzzle Orchestra, South Side Horns, and the Fighting Instruments of Karma Marching Chamber Jazz Orchestra, among others.
My alter ego, Dr. D.D. McCloidsman emerged in the late '70s interacting with friends, developed into a stage personality at 2-bit talent shows in the '80s, and as author of Dispensational Jazzology in the early '90s. Dispensational Jazzology received an "Amen, brother" from the Washington Post, and was called a "work of genius" by the Seattle fringe music rag, The Tentacle. And Kenny G is reputed to have said "It made my hair stand on end."
In my other life, I consider myself a social permaculturist (exploring "invisible structures"), and am involved with the Transition Initiative movement as a co-initiator of Transition Whatcom. Transition Training in 2008 from UK Trainers Sophy Banks and Naresh Giangrande, and Permaculture Design certificate earned at Inspiration Farm, 2009. Introduction to Integral and Integral Sustainability from Alan Seid, of Cascadia Workshops. I have a particular interest in what I call Integral Permaculture, and Tim Winton's Pattern Dynamics. I live in Washington State.
I am also known to be a "peak oil activist," and am an occasional contributor to Energy Bulletin, and have been a panelist at Seattle's Green Fest. I initiated and served on a local city and county appointed Energy Resource Scarcity/Peak Oil Task Force, and I facilitate a "Beyond Sustainability" class at Whatcom Folk School.
Being an Explanation of Principles Present in Dispensational Theology and Jazz Music and Relevant to Both: The Creation Story.
- Here's an interesting interview on this topic with Gabor Mate called "Capitalism Makes Us Crazy". "Humans have always used drugs,… Written by Trevor Malkinson Darrin Drda Part IV- Global Addiction and the Road to Recovery
- This interview has resonated with me deeply. I am an artist and it deepens my realization of where my creativity… Written by Denny Thomas Hübl: Shadow Work in Evolutionary Spirituality
- David, I love this idea of the "crazy quilt" "the idea that Transition Initiatives behave like a "Crazy Quilt" -… Written by Trevor Malkinson Darrin Drda Part III- The 3 Afflictions and Their Antidotes
- David, thanks, glad you enjoyed it. I really appreciate you translating some of the core tenents/philosophies of the transition movement… Written by Trevor Malkinson Darrin Drda Part I- Peril and Promise
- I enjoyed the discussion in the podcast of Joanna Macy's three sources of transformation: holding actions, structural transformations, shifts in… Written by David MacLeod Darrin Drda Part III- The 3 Afflictions and Their Antidotes
- "The only myth that is going to be worth talking about in the immediate future is one that is talking… Written by David MacLeod Darrin Drda Part II- Planetary Initiation and Participatory Reality
- Thank you Chris and Trevor for sharing this podcast. "The Promise and the Peril" This is a great framing, and… Written by David MacLeod Darrin Drda Part I- Peril and Promise
- Chris, Your article/interview with Thomas was wonderful. He visited One Spirit last fall asnd since then a few of us… Written by Lynne Feldman Thomas Hübl: Shadow Work in Evolutionary Spirituality
Last 10 tweets from beamsandstruts:
People talking about '@beamsandstruts':